The following is Stage 4 Restrictions for Melbourne supplied by theVictorian Government as it relates to the pet industry.
Under Stage 4 ‘Stay at Home’ Restrictions the default is that workplaces inmetropolitan Melbourne are closed unless the workplace is part of apermitted industry as set out below. All Victorians are required to work fromhome, except where this is not practicable. Sole operators can continue tooperate, if they do not have contact with the public, or with people otherthan those persons living in their primary household.
The below table outlines examples of workplaces that are open for on-site workwith a COVID Safe Plan , and where there are restricted operations orindustry specific obligations.
This information is subject to the Directions of Victoria’s Chief HealthOfficer.
Open (for on-site work) – COVID Safe Plan
- Animal saleyards, knackeries and transportation of animals (including livestock and pets)
- Animal feed production, transportation, packaging, sale, and feeding (including livestock and pets);
- Veterinary clinics and related services, including on-farm visits and to veterinary clinics, animal minding services and artificial insemination
- Animal pounds and shelters
- Teaching and scientific facilities which require the keeping or use of animals
- Any business or undertaking involved in relevant support services, such as food safety and verification inspection or associated laboratory services and biosecurity functions
A PDF with full details on Stage 4 Restrictions can be downloaded from here
[pdfjs-viewer url=”http%3A%2F%2F220.127.116.11%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F08%2FStage-4-Industries-Distribution-1.pdf”viewer_width=100% viewer_height=1360px fullscreen=true download=trueprint=true]
Previous Trained dogs can correctly sniff out corona virus patients about 80percent of the time: study
Next Disneyland guest shares ‘secret’ park feature for dog lovers: ‘I neverknew this!’