The latest tactic people are using to attract a lover — dogfishing! And it’sall based on a lie! Professional matchmaker Camille Kostin with It’s JustLunch Milwaukee joins Real Milwaukee to explain.
• Daters are borrowing a friend or family member’s dog to take a photo to useon their dating profile. The Washington Post recently coined this as‘Dogfishing.’
• The cute dog they`re posing with is being used as bait to attract asignificant other.
• Intentionally, or unintentionally, it deceives those interested in thinkingthe dater is a dog owner.
W hy are daters using dogfishing as a tactic?
• A study revealed that 35% of women are more attracted to someone whenthey
re a pet owner. Thats true for about 25% of men, too.
• Whether consciously or subconsciously, being a dog owner sends signals topotential dates:
• Being a dog owner implies that you have nurturing qualities. Dogs teach usabout empathy, responsibility, and add love to our lives.
• If you treat a dog right, you
ll probably treat your significant otherright. • Added bonus, when youre seeking a significant other, a dog provides astarting point for the conversation–it
s an interest youre both into.
Is there a way to catch a fake profile picture?
re hopeful people are being honest in their profiles, but you can reallydo anything you want to online. • My best advice would be to ask questions early on when youre getting toknow each other. You should learn pretty quickly if the person doesn
t have adog or isnt being authentic.
• Eventually, lies catch up with you.
• Always go with your gut. If your gut instinct is telling you something isoff, follow it.
Should you include a dog in your dating profile picture?
• Not a dog or an animal you don
t own. You dont want to start thatrelationship off on a lie.
• Your first photo should be your best photo — it is your first impressionafter all.
• Have an authentic picture of yourself! Include a picture of you doingsomething you love like running, or maybe at your favorite spot or on avacation.
What is your best tip for attracting a potential suitor?
• Be authentic. Be yourself.
• And remember, give chemistry a chance! No one person will likely check offevery box on your ‘must-have’ list.
• It may take a couple of dates before you realize the person and therelationship may have potential.
Source: Fox News
Previous Moonee Beach Doggy Date Night – Poodles of Fun!
Next Study: 86% Of People Would Break Up With Someone Who Doesn’t Like TheirDog