Don your aprons, whip out your wooden spoons and preheat your ovens – it’stime to bake a change for RSPCA’s annual Cupcake Day on 19 August.
We are calling on supporters to get together with friends, family, schoolmatesand colleagues to bake up a storm in the fight against animal cruelty.
“This is the sweetest way for animal lovers to support an amazing cause. Wereally rely on our supporters to help us to help animals in need,” says RSPCANSW’s Community Fundraising Manager Danielle Cameron.
“Every dollar counts. The money raised will keep our shelters open and ourinspectors on the road investigating allegations of animal cruelty. It willfund prosecutions against cruelty offenders. It will provide educationprograms to schools, and take us to remote communities with desexing,microchipping and vaccination programs. It will give us the chance to take in,rehabilitate, and rehome the animals who have nowhere else to turn.”
“And who isn’t a fan of delicious baked treats? It’s a win for everyoneinvolved, especially for all the animals.”
Cupcake Day officially takes place on Monday 19 August, but supporters canchoose any day of the month to raise funds.
RSPCA NSW receives less than 2% government funding each year and is hoping toraise over $500,000 to support vital welfare services for animals across thestate.
• $20 will provide an unwanted kitten with a warm bed, litter tray and a mealfor the night.
• $55 will buy antibiotics for a sick shelter dog this week.
• $150 will help desex an abandoned puppy so they can find their forever home.
• $350 will keep an inspector on the road fighting animal cruelty for anotherday.
Celebrity chefs have donated mouthwatering recipes to the cause, with thelineup including:
And for pups, a special recipe forhttps://www.rspcacupcakeday.com.au/recipe/doggo-turmeric-ginger-coconut-bickies/.
Getting involved is as simple as:
1. Registering on our website: http://www.rspcacupcakeday.com.au
2. Setting up your supporter page.
3. Receiving your host party pack in the mail, which includes a host guide,pop-up donation box, decorative bunting and promotional posters.
4. Hosting your Cupcake Day.
5. Banking funds raised.
Previous Dog food report confusion
Next Stage set for epic competition to crown Australia’s hardest working farmdog